Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lenten Lament Individual 4

Psalm 6  (Book of Alternative Services [Anglican, Canadian])
First of the Penitential Psalms: Prayer in time of distress;
For the leader; with stringed instruments 'upon the eighth', A Psalm of David:
1.  Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger,
do not puish me in your wrath.
2.  Have pity on me, Lord, for I am weak,
heal me, Lord, for my bones are racked.
3. My spirit shakes with terror,
how long, O Lord, how long?

4.  Turn, O Lord, and deliver me,
save me for your mercy's sake.
5.  For in death no one remembers you;
and who will give you thanks in the grave?

6.  I grow weary because of my groaning,
every night I drench my bed
and flood my couch with tears.
7.  My eyes are wasted with grief
and worn away because of all my enemies.

8. Depart from me, all evildoers,
for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping.
9. The Lord has heard my supplication;
the Lord accepts my prayer.
10.  All my enemies shall be confounded and quake with fear,
they shall turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

Prayer: God of mercy and tenderness, giver of life and conqueror of death, look upon our weakness and grief, and restore us to health, that we may sing a new song to your praise; through Jesus Christ our risen Lord. (Amen)

No comments:

Post a Comment